Position FILLED: Program Specialist
THE FOLLOWING POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AS OF SEPTEMBER 2017. Please stay tuned on our website for future opportunities. Thanks!
ABOUT the Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking (LCHT)
LCHT’s mission is to inform social change that eliminates human exploitation; our vision is the end of human trafficking. Since 2005, LCHT has trained more than 25,000 community members, law enforcement, and social service providers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Specialist is responsible for supporting core program activities for the Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking (LCHT). S/he will utilize excellent communications and organizing skills to reach a variety of audiences by supporting LCHT’s five program areas (training/education, research, Action Plan, survivor leadership, and hotline). As a result of this individual’s efforts, LCHT will be viewed as an organization that is influencing and shaping the anti-human trafficking movement at the local, state, regional, and national levels. This specialist’s efforts will have a direct impact in sustaining and growing the reach of LCHT and to end human trafficking.
The Program Specialist supports the overall organization in daily operations and programs. This specialist will monitor Colorado Action Plan activities, develop curriculum and conduct trainings on human trafficking, and support hotline and leadership development programmatic efforts (including managing interns).
- Assist LCHT’s Action Plan Manager to advance the Colorado Action Plan, specifically managing backend monitoring and evaluation of the online platform, the Anti-Trafficking Exchange
- Deliver introductory trainings/presentations on human trafficking and collaborate on training curriculum, materials development, production and scheduling, including volunteers
- Foster new partnerships and monitor existing partnerships through outreach (e.g., assist with updating and recruitment for membership in statewide resource directory)
- Work with CoNEHT Hotline supervisors to on-board and manage volunteer advocates, conduct quarterly debriefings, and deliver reports to anti-trafficking coalitions/ task forces
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Research Committee to identify and pursue research projects; collecting, analyzing and reporting on data; performing statistical analysis of data; and assisting in the publication of research findings
- Support overall operations of the organization (i.e., admin, financials, communications, development, etc)
CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS SOUGHT
The ideal candidate should be a strategic, innovative, organized, energetic leader and a team player.
- Endorse the LCHT mission
- Excellent project management skills
- Computer skills (including access, data entry and storage, data analysis, and research- related programs)
- Experience with Salesforce data entry or similar CRM/online databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of feminist (multidisciplinary and multi-method) methodologies,particularly participatory action research
- Knowledge of social justice issues
- Approachable leader with high energy, enthusiasm and excitement; ability to work withprofessionals and community members, staff and Board members
- Ability to work effectively with a diversity of people and constituencies
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship and trust building, communication andlistening, and personal engagement/networking
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to support marketing and fundraising programs
- Willingness to roll-up her/his sleeves and “do the work”
- Willingness to travel throughout Colorado, occasionally on short notice
- Experience with healthcare and/or child welfare sectors preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the job description and two years full time professional experience.
- Master’s degree in social science or equivalent research experience (academic setting strongly preferred), 3-5 years professional experience preferred.
The job will require regular travel across the state as well as flexible work hours, including some weekend and evening hours.
$40,000 + health insurance, paid leave
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Interested applicants should submit a resume/CV, cover letter, list of 3 references, and short writing sample (e.g., Academic/ Research writing sample) to Accounts@Combathumantrafficking.org.