Applications for the following full-time position are no longer being accepted. Stay connected through e-updates or on our website for future employment opportunities with the Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking.
About the Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking (LCHT)
LCHT’s mission is to inform social change that eliminates human exploitation; our vision is the end of human trafficking. Since 2005, LCHT has trained more than 30,000 community members, law enforcement, and social service providers. combathumantrafficking.org.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting core program activities for LCHT. S/he will utilize excellent communications and organizing skills to reach a variety of audiences by supporting LCHT’s four program areas (training/education, research+action, leadership and hotline). As a result of this individual’s efforts, LCHT will be viewed as an organization that is influencing and shaping the anti-human trafficking movement at the local, state, regional, and national levels. This coordinator’s efforts will have a direct impact in sustaining and growing the reach of LCHT and to end human trafficking.
The Program Coordinator supports the overall organization in daily operations and programs. This coordinator will have responsibility for the management of the hotline, assist in development of communications and marketing for LCHT programs, and admin support.
- Management of the hotline, including providing training for hotline advocates and resource agencies with oversight responsibilities for a state grant
- Foster new and monitor existing partnerships through outreach; specifically assist with updating and recruitment for membership in statewide resource directory
- Lead efforts to create a textline that supplements the hotline
- Work with hotline back-up supervisors to on-board and manage volunteer advocates, conduct quarterly debriefings, and deliver reports to anti-trafficking coalitions/ task forces
- Deliver introductory trainings/presentations on human trafficking, materials development, production
- Support overall operations of the organization (i.e., admin, financials, communications, development, etc.)
- Assist LCHT staff in rolling out research findings (Colorado Project 2.0) through communications, events, presentations
- Write and disseminate communication materials that articulate the organization’s purpose and accomplishments with impact
- Assist in implementing the communication strategy
- Supervise, mentor interns through LCHT’s Leadership Development Program
CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS SOUGHT
The ideal candidate should be a strategic, innovative, organized, energetic leader and a team player.
- Endorse the LCHT mission
- Excellent project management skills
- Prior experience with staffing or serving on a hotline
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Communications platform experience (i.e., Mailchimp)
- Social media experience in communicating to broad-based audiences
- Experience with Salesforce data entry or similar CRM/online databases
- Knowledge of social justice, human rights issues; personal awareness of privilege
- Approachable leader with high energy, enthusiasm and excitement; ability to work with professionals and community members, staff and Board members
- Ability to work effectively with a diversity of people and constituencies
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship and trust building, communication and listening, and personal engagement/networking
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to support marketing and communications programs
- Willingness to roll-up her/his sleeves and “do the work”
- Willingness to travel throughout Colorado, occasionally on short notice
- A bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the job description, preferably psychology or human services or social work, and five years full time professional experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Prefer degree or significant experience in communications for an organization.
The job will require regular travel across the state as well as flexible work hours, including some weekend and evening hours.
$42,500 + health insurance, paid leave
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Interested applicants should submit a resume/CV, cover letter, list of 3 references, and short writing sample (e.g., Blog post) to Accounts@Combathumantrafficking.org.